Pages

Thursday 7 July 2011

chickpea and vegetable stew

So the other day I cooked something. I found it quite theraputic. I used to struggle majorly with cooking for myself and would live of tinned soups I felt that I didn't deserve to eat or cook for myself as I was allowing myself nice things.

HOWEVER now things are changing and I am enjoying feeding myself with healthy foods I no longer live of crap food and give my body the nourshiment it deserves because I do deserve it:)

Chickpea and Vegetable Stew
  • 1 red onion , sliced

  • 1 tsp olive oil

  • ½ tsp ground cinnamon

  • 1 tsp ground cumin

  • 1tsp mixed spice

  • 300g mushrooms , quartered

  • 400g can chopped tomatoes

  • 410g can chickpeas

  • 1 tsp clear honey

  • 175g couscous

  • 50g soft dried apricots , diced

  • handful flat-leaf parsley , roughly chopped

  • vegetable stock (I used kallo organic cube)


    1. It was really easy to do I firstly fried the onion with some of the oil, then added the spices and after 1 minute added the mushrooms and then cooked for another 2 minutes and put in the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, honey, and chopped apricots. Leave to simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
    2. While this was cooking I prepared the cous cous by adding some vegetable stock and the spices with some parsley stirred in left to stand for 5 minutes then added it to the dish.
    This recipe was adapted from the good food one http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/234607/moroccan-mushrooms-with-couscous



    It did speculate its serves 4 but the portions were quite small for the actual mixture so I would have added some extra beans or chickpeas or some tofu to up the protein levels.

    I am of on a bike ride later I hope the rain holds out.

    2 comments:

    1. That looks GORGEOUS! BBC has some pretty awesome recipes.

      ReplyDelete
    2. This was a lovelly blog post

      ReplyDelete