Pages

Friday 10 February 2012

stress fracture and upgrading meals

Oh how the weeks fly, I've had another week of work which has been nice and have all of next week off too!! I am really not wanting to go back to work when I do return I just hope that my new job starts soon. Anyway I saw my GP yesterday as my knee pain still wasn't clearing up. She examined me, and said it sounds like it could be a stress fracture. I mean its not a certain diagnosis as it doesn't show up on scans but because I have osteoporosis, haven't had periods for years and the weight that I am and the high impact of running; it seems probable.

So so upset, annoyed, and  frustrated!!! I am going on the pill again so I can start producing oestrogen. I went on it last summer, but I stopped taking it as was in a good place and wanting to get my periods back naturally and was also feeling sick from taking it. So am going to take it again, and their are other ones if I can't put up with the side effects. I am also trying to gain weight, but this is easier said than done. I next get to see my dietican a week on Monday. I'm trying to get as much calcium as possible and rest my body. My GP told me I couldn't run, I hope one day I can. I miss it so much, and get so jealous even seeing people being able to run on the treadmill. I have another sports massage booked for next Friday so will be able to get some more advice. I've been icing it lots, stretching my IT band as well. Really hope it recovers soon:(

This morning I baked some cookies, which seemed to relax me somewhat.


These were adapted from Katys blog oatmeal raisin cookies I used cashew butter instead of peanut butter and a mashed banana. I dropped one off to my lovely boyfriend at work along with a roll with cheese, ham, and salad.

As I was getting my breakfast I was thinking about how its changed, and how easy it is when increasing what your eating to simply upgrade your current food. My breakfast was simply some just some oats made with water and the odd bit of fruit!! Not particulary that inticing and certainly not enough to see me through a workout. Now my breakfast contains, a bigger portions of oats, flaxseeds (some healthy omega 3 fats!!) , loads of strawberries, some natural yogurt, and honey:




How do you upgrade your foods?